Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pumpkin Alert : Pumpkin Mac & Cheese






When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it.  I love all things pumpkin: smells, taste, and color!  I was a little concerned about this one because you either love pumpkin sweet or you like it savory.  Rarely, do people like it both ways.  I think it was a little too sweet, but other than that, it was actually really good.  The kids didn't really like it, but the hubs and I did!  The recipe on the Rachel Ray site actually called for a beer, so I added the pumpkin beer instead of chicken broth.


Here is the original pin:  Pumpkin Mac & Cheese
Here is the original Rachel Ray post:  Pumpkin Mac & Cheese-Rachel Ray's Site

Would I make this again: Yes, but I would change a few things......

Next time I make this, I am going to saute' an onion and about 2 cloves of garlic, then add the flour and so on.  I also would not use the honey, I think it made it too sweet.  If you use the onion, that should add enough sweetness and you won't need the honey.

I am also going to do just one cup, beer and one cup chicken broth.  Sounds like a happy medium, right?

All in all, this one is a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest