Monday, April 30, 2012

The Softest Most Pillowest Sugar Cookies EVER!

The pin:  http://pinterest.com/pin/58757970108435232/


I am not the biggest fan of sugar cookies.  Every food aversion has a story, right?  Well, mine  goes back to a Christmas Eve (WAYYYYY) over indulgence of them when I was either 11 or 12.  I was skinny then, so I could eat something like 15 of them and not have to worry about it.  Well, my body said otherwise and made a protest. 


My kiddos LOVE sugar cookies.  So, I hold my nose and make them year round.  I am always looking for different versions hoping to overcome my aversion.  I saw this pin and decided to try them.  I have to say that I LOVED these.  I think the sour cream really does the trick.  One thing I did add was almond flavoring.  I am addicted to wedding cake flavor and almond most resembles that.  You can definitely stick with just vanilla too, and they taste just fine.  


Didn't like the icing so much, but adored the cookie. The are soft, pillowy and just down right wrong.  


These will become a staple in your "cookie" repertoire.  



My Verdict:  WINNER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest