Thursday, April 26, 2012

Super Easy "Annie's Eats" Chicken Gyros on the Grill

Here's the pin:  http://pinterest.com/pin/157555686933735069/

Growing up in Louisiana, I was introduced to many different cuisines because after all, New Orleans is a "Melting Pot".  (Yet another reason that I love Louisiana so much! Haven't been yet?  Book a ticket and "geaux"....preferably during LSU Football season!)


One of my all time favorite types of food is Lebanese/Mediterranean.  So, I got on Pinterest and found this recipe.  It is AWESOME.  I have made it several times.  Once on the grill (my favorite) and the other times in the oven.  Both ways are healthy, so it really just depends on if you want a smokier flavor or if you want heat the house.  (Does that help you decide the best way to do it?)


The only thing I changed was that I used Greek yogurt.  I didn't strain it.  I honestly did not have the willpower to wait for it and besides, it was one less thing I had to do!


I also added a little more garlic than it calls for, but that is just my Sicilian coming out, by no means do you have to add anything extra to this recipe.


I serve mine with homemade hummus (topped with a sprinkle of feta and parsley) and warm wheat pita's and Calamata olives.


I seriously urge you to make it ASAP.  It will absolutely become a staple of your own personal menu.  


After you get really good making it and tweaking it to what you like, then invite friends over and surprise them with a lovely Lebanese/Mediterranean inspired night!   

My Verdict:  WINNER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest